Pages

Search Ratttler

Saturday, February 17, 2007

RANDOM SHOTS ON THE NEWS

I hope that what I heard on the news is true, if not it makes for a nice dream.....

I guess the house passed a non-binding bill stating that it is stopped the new surge of soliders from going to Iraq. If this is so, then I guess now the ideal from Washington is that Bush has gone too far with his war on terror. I believe that this is a result of the lack of progress shown. What burns my toast is that many of the same people who held this belife were scorned just a few years ago for taking this stance. My personal belife is that it is too late for this act, the only thing we can do now is to advoid making the same mistake again. There are rumblings that Iran may be next due to a "report" that Iran is supplying weapons to the rebels to be used agaist U.S. soliders. I don't think it's true and the real lack of proof is what I am drawing my conculsion on. If any reader feels that I am in error, please feel free to comment and provide support for your arguement. For the sake of this important matter, I wish to ask that the comments stay on topic.

In other news: the 2008 elections are heating up and on both sides there are alot of canidates for the highest office. I am going on record right now stating that I am not backing any canidate as of yet due to the fact that there are many who I feel could win. I learned a very important lesson from the election of 2004. This race is one that I am keeping a sharp eye on now and in the future for any deleopments.

As far as the scooter libby trail goes, I don't give two fucks about that, it's just a dog and pony show to me to see which side has a bigger dick than the other. Anna Nicole? Fuck her, why are we giving vaulable airtime to a Gold digging druggie who died is beyond me. Tiki Barber retired from football and is now a host on the Today show? Wow, that one blew me away when it was announced. I saw Tiki on Fox News Morning show over the summer and he did a good job. Sean Hannity is still a clueless person to me and Alan Cole needs to be gagged. I think Bill O'reily needs to be reined in because he is about to have a breakdown on his show. Yes, I'm still pissed at him for blasting horror movies durning halloween. I would have loved to be a guest on his show for that and put him in his place.

Well, that's it from the graveyard...See you around.
Kenny

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nonbinding measure is a waste of time. All the democrats wished to do is to go on record that they dont want to send more troops. Like we didnt know this already? The President will send more troops and there is nothing the house or senate can do. They will never vote to withhold funding because that would send a message that they dont support the troops. That might hurt their re-elections chances and we cant have that can we? Forget doing whats right for the country.

While I believe its time to for the Iraqis to step up to the plate and take more responsibility, we cannot just withdraw all our troops at this time. The Democrats dont care about the backlash that will happen after we brought all troops home. It will be just one more thing they can blame Bush for. Honestly, I would like to hear some real solutions from the democrat leaders instead of political slogans. I think Bush should call their hand and bring them all home but tell Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer and Hillary et al, that they are to be held responsible for anything and everything that occurs in the middle east and here, concerning taliban and al qaeda after that is done. I wonder how many of them would run and hide?

All this positioning is just a waste of time and our money.

Anonymous said...

Zombie.

It's Alan Colmes, not Alan Cole.

WFG said...

I've heard Alan's radio show a few times, he's better on the radio, but given how muted he seems on tv, it's still peculiar how mocking he is on the radio. If he doesn't like what you said, he often sardonically interrupts, at one time even after a non apparently sarcastic apology and admittance of error to him (at least once I believe I've heard him do that). But it's good to hear him speak up more. I am just not sure whether I like more civil on tv Alan better, or sarcastic on the radio Alan better.

WFG said...

Sorry about my apparent inconsistency. When I first said better I was thinking about him entertainment wise. The other time I was thinking about his character and personality.

MysticSeaMaiden said...

♦ US troops in Baghdad proper increased from 8,000 to 13,500 since late July.
♦ 13,500 is about 10% of total US troop strength in Iraq.
♦ Baghdad has population of about 6 million = 22% of Iraq's 26.78 million

Jay, I have to mention something on your comment, your comment that there isn't 'enough boots on the ground' who's fault would that be, hmmm? Could it be the current admin???

Carry on

~~~~~~Forever A Facetious Pain~~~~~
~~~~Smile, it confuses people~~~~

MysticSeaMaiden said...

Simpy demonstrates US unable to control Iraq borders via military and underscores that there is a need for dialogue and negotiations with Iran.

Does Bush have the moxy to lead the world toward peace?

The Sunni insurgency has raised its head and offered Bush admin opportunity for peaceful negotiations. Once again, the Sunni side has raised legitimate concerns about the Iraq constitution, which the Bush admin has finally admitted (in SOTU) needs to be fixed.

(Imagine if the Bush and MSM addressed these concerns when Sunni leadership initially raised them before constitutional referendum. That's right, it is reasonable/logical to say that we are fighting a civil war because of Bush admin's complete inaction with regard to Sunni interests in the consitutional referendum process.)

So will Bush engage in diplomacy with Sunni insurgency? With the Sadr's militia going to ground, wouldn't it be smart for the Bush admin to take up negotiations with the Sunnis (aka Iraqi citizens that we supposedly liberated) rather than continuing to fight and kill them? Rather than simply blaming our failures/troubles on Iran, shouldn't we do every thing with our means to secure Baghdad?

IMHO, Iran is a side-issue. Our biggest impediment to success in Iraq are the Sunni/Shiite brigades. For me, it doesn't take much imagination to see how public negotiations with these warring factions could (eventually) turn the situation around in Baghdad. What it will require though is a Commander-in-Chief who will sieze and expand any/all diplomatic opportunities.

What do you think?



I agree that Iran is a problem in the area, but what about all those American M-16s we are always seeing in the hands of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Al-Aqsa terrorists in the Israeli territories?

Doesn't seeing American weaponry in the hands of terrorists mean the same thing? Is America supplying those arms and the ammo they fire to kill Israelis?

What about the Russian made AKs with the beveled muzzles? Does that mean Russia is in the same boat?

I'm not arguing against the idea that Iran is supplying Iraq with arms, but that isn't the same thing as demonstrating the Iranians are planting the explosives and pulling the triggers.

MysticSeaMaiden said...

jay156 said...With an Iranian president that has openly expressed his desire to see Americans dead you even have a wonder in that mind of yours that it could be a remote possibility? Hmmmm, you are an interesting piece of work

Ok, I think I got it figured out, Iran with no nuclear bombs and a loud mouth president that even his own citizens laugh at and criticize, dialogue and negotiations just couldn't work.

Yet, North Korea that does have nuclear bombs and a president that his citizens fear, dialogue and negotiations is the only way.

Really, I get it, as long as I don't allow logic to impede my thinking.

Carry on

~~~~~Forever A Facetious Pain~~~~~
~~~~Smile, it confuses people~~~~

MysticSeaMaiden said...

$%$

Q Jordon said...

Some people are so proud of their achievments on this blog, it makes me want to jerk my gerkin. Then I would become King Pickle Picker.

I laugh at all of these blogs that involve the self-absorbed PalTalkers.

And for the record, my opinion on a non-binding resolution is like smoking weed, but not inhaling.

What a load of bullshit. And some are not willing to crank it up a notch. Does the word pussies sound about right?

And you thought the only pussies were in the White House, I say think again.

They are in the Democratic Party. As a matter of fact, the FDA just qualified the Democratic Party as 100% USDA PUSSIFIED.

Pageviews