Pages

Search Ratttler

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

THE DEMATHI LAMA

Sometimes Karl really cracks me up. If nothing else, just listening to him speak is like meditation within a dream. It's english, but sometimes it's a language I just don't understand. And sometimes, it's undiluted genius.

Karl was talking to a skulking troll called demathi. And what he began with, in his typical elliptical fashion, was a discussion of the troll's name. He said that demathi was a female name, because names that end with "i" were mostly feminine. Names like "Kathi," or "Bobbi." When the name ends in "i", even a man's name, it's in a female form. Fascinating. So this is how demathi responded:

demathi: lmaooooooo I'm using my last name
demathi: Like Dali ? In Lama ?
demathi: hahahahahhahaahhahahaha
Jesus Claus: Dali isn't his name, you fuckwit
Jesus Claus: it's Dalai, and it's a title
demathi: he is given the name Jesus, christ you are stupid

I nearly choked on my Mountain Dew. Can you believe how dense this cretin is? Dude, that's his title. You know, as in The Dalai Lama? It's a title of respect. Not a freaking proper name, you halfwit. Is the president The George Bush? Did The Jim Carrey star in Bruce Almighty? Would that make more sense to you, demathi, if I called it The Bruce Almighty? Apparently in the strange twilight world demathi lives in, proper names are always preceded by "The." The mind boggles (And just for demathi's benefit, I'm not talking about someone named Mind Boggles).

Of course, you probably expected me to include a "Hello, Dalai," joke somewhere. What kind of jackass do you think I am?

By the way, if demathi or anyone else is curious, according to his official website, The Dalai Lama, who was born Lhamo Thondup, at ascension assumed his new proper name of Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso. Just in case you want to send him a card or something...

JC

0 comments:

Pageviews