Pages

Search Ratttler

Friday, December 09, 2005

THE FOURTH WALL

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Ok, you're watching a comedy movie, and let's say it's about two brothers who go on a trip to Tibet to compete in a Yak race. I know, it's a stupid idea, which means it's only a matter of time before it gets greenlighted. So, you're watching The Yakfather, and in one scene, the two brothers are talking, and one says something like, "This is all like a big movie!" And his brother says, "Yeah, right, who would pay money to watch a movie about two brothers in a yak race?!" And then they both stop and look out at the audience. Killer gag, people love it. It's called breaking the fourth wall.

Why do I bring this up? Well, tonight, I ended up in PM with MrArchieBunker. And no, you sick freaks, it wasn't a cyber. Can't take you people anywhere. So, instead of hurling insults and accusations like usual, we actually had a nice reasonable conversation about politics. Now, never mind the details, I don't want to ruin either my or his partisan hack street cred, but it was a truly odd experience.

Now, I know that a lot of you enjoy hearing us slam ignorant wingnuts and subtly (and not so subtly) questioning their commitment to purely intraspecies sex, so I'm certainly not going to mess with a winning formula. That said, for the forseeable future, we'll just continue to act as if PT wingnuts are drooling morally-debased cretins. And PT wingnuts are welcome to continue to act as if liberals are all emptyheaded commie-loving satanists. And we'll both try and forget the awful moment when we realized that our opponent was actually a normal, rational human being.

JC

PS - Brutelogic is still an idiot. And Ann Coulter is a man. I'm just sayin'...

0 comments:

Pageviews