Pages

Search Ratttler

Monday, March 06, 2006

THERE IS NO HOPE

I had a fun debate with HopelessRomantic4U this morning. We were talking about Republican corruption in congress, specifically Tom Delay's money laundering and the web of corruption exposed by the guilty plea of Jack Abramoff. The total scope and extent of the discussion was on current GOP malfeasance.

After throwing a few jabs back and forth, and my landing a few solid hits to HR4U's head, we stepped back into our stances before engaging again. Slowly, HR's hand slipped behind his back, and reappeared with the weapon of choice for wingnuts: The Clinton Penis Dildo. Yes, I would say "most feared" weapon, but let's face it, anyone who has to pull this toy out wouldn't be a serious threat to a malnourished Pekingese.

After battering furiously with his tiny fists, dildo clutched between his teeth, HR4U declared victory and escaped. All I remembered was him filling the air with lists of Clinton cronies, and then running around yammering with his fingers stuck in his ears. Later on, he tried to convince the room he'd won the fight:

Jesus Claus: my statement was that you focus too much on Clinton
Jesus Claus: and you refuted it by...flooding text with information about Clinton
Jesus Claus: you're right, you got me...hahahahhahahahha
HopelessRomantic4U: UMM NO YOUR STATEMENT WAS THE CUROPTION CULTURE BEGAN WITH THE REPUBS....
Jesus Claus: no, i said no such thing
Jesus Claus: I said you were ignoring current corruption
HopelessRomantic4U: I WENT TO THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTARTION.... THAT WASNT ENUFF FOR YOU SO I WENT FURTHER BACK
Jesus Claus: and you tried to change the subject
Jesus Claus: you'd LOVE if i tried to claim that
HopelessRomantic4U: THAT WASNT ENUFF YOU CITED CONGRESS ETC..... AND I SHOWED MORE CONGRESS MEN...
Jesus Claus: and you changed the topic as if I had
HopelessRomantic4U: YADA YADA YADA
Jesus Claus: but I hadn't
HopelessRomantic4U: LOL
Jesus Claus: You changed the topic because you DON'T want to focus on current problems
Jesus Claus: NO ONE but you talked about the past
Jesus Claus: NO ONE but you gained by changing the topic
HopelessRomantic4U: TELL YOU WHAT JESUS PUT YOUR CLAIMS ON YOUR BLOG FROM NOW ON SO YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR POSITION WHEN YOUR EXPOSSED
Jesus Claus: ok, whatever you say
Jesus Claus: the whole room saw what you did
HopelessRomantic4U: DUIDE HOW CAN YOU REVISE HISTORY FROM THIS MORNING?
Jesus Claus: YOU brought up the past, not me
HopelessRomantic4U: LOL
Jesus Claus: YOU brought Clinton in, not me
HopelessRomantic4U: I BROUGHTUP THE PAST TO REFUTE YOUR CLAIM
HopelessRomantic4U: LOL
Jesus Claus: what relevance does Clinton have to Tom DeLay's malfeasance?
Jesus Claus: My claim was that Republicans are now corrupt
Jesus Claus: how does the past refute that?
HopelessRomantic4U: HOW CAN YO MAKE A CLAIM THATS X STARTED B AND WHEN SOMEOBN SAYS NO HERE IS PROFF THAT B DID IT EARLIER,, THE STATE THE PERSON CHANGED SUBJECT CAUSE HE BROUGHT UP PAST
HopelessRomantic4U: ;P;
Jesus Claus: You used what is called a TU QUOQUE argument
Jesus Claus: TU QUOQUE means "You too"
HopelessRomantic4U: UMMMM NO
Jesus Claus: You tried to diminish the current GOP wrongdoing by referring to the past deeds of Dems
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU CLAIMED THAT REPUBS STARTED THE CURROPTION CULTURE
Jesus Claus: No, I did no such thing
HopelessRomantic4U: SEE YOU WANT HISTORY TO STOP JANUARY FIRST 2001 ALL DEMS DO
Jesus Claus: think about what you're saying
Jesus Claus: be honest
HopelessRomantic4U: NO I DID NOT DIMINISH NE THING MY POSITION WAS CLEAR
HopelessRomantic4U: IF THEY ARE GUILTY THEY NEED THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW
Jesus Claus: do I sound like a person who has retrograde amnesia starting in 1994?
frank -: Jesus,, the only defense the neo con's have for the bush crimes is clintons penis.
HopelessRomantic4U: NO YOURS STARTS IN 2001
Jesus Claus: do i really sound like a person who is unaware of the crimes of Rostenkowski, etc?
Jesus Claus: be honest with yourself
HopelessRomantic4U: LOL
Jesus Claus: why would you claim that I don't know history?
Jesus Claus: what do you gain by making such a ridiculous claim?
HopelessRomantic4U: UMM NO YOUR THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR I KNOW YOU SPENT ALL DAY TRYING TO FIND A REFUTE FOR ME
Jesus Claus: i seriously don't get it
HopelessRomantic4U: MAYBE YOU SHOUL;D LOOK UP SOME MORE
HopelessRomantic4U: I MADE THE CLAIM THAT YOU WANT TO FORGET ALL PREE 2001 HISTORY
Jesus Claus: you're really embarrassing yourself here
HopelessRomantic4U: IN EFFECT BLAMING BUSH FOR EVERY THING
HopelessRomantic4U: I REALLY DONT THINK SO
Jesus Claus: you're trying to tell the room that I have no memory of Democratic crimes
Jesus Claus: is that your claim?
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU MADE A CLAIM I REFUTED IT
HopelessRomantic4U: HOW IS THAT EMBARRASING?
Jesus Claus: that my memory is faulty?
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU FOR SURE HAVE SELECT6IVE MEMORY
Jesus Claus: your claim is that I can't remember before 1994?
Jesus Claus: is that your claim?
Jesus Claus: i'm just trying to clarify here
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU MADE THE CLAIM THAT THE CULTURE OF CORRUPTION IS RECENT AND REPUBLICAN ONLY
HopelessRomantic4U: I REFUTED THAT... WELL
Jesus Claus: no, i of course did not
Jesus Claus: I said that the current GOP was corrupt
HopelessRomantic4U: NOW WHAT YOU ARE ARGUING IS BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION ATM
Jesus Claus: when did you refute that?
HopelessRomantic4U: UMM YES THAT WAS YOUR CLAIM
Jesus Claus: i can well imagine
Jesus Claus: yes
Jesus Claus: the CURRENT GOP
Jesus Claus: is corrupt
Jesus Claus: IS
Jesus Claus: do I need to define the word "is" for you?
Jesus Claus: would that help?
HopelessRomantic4U: I GUESS I NEED TO START CAMTASIA TO RECORD YOUR WORDS FROM NOW ON SO I CAN USE EM AGAINST YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO CHANGE THE FACTS LATER
Jesus Claus: there was no change here
Jesus Claus: I said "The current GOP is corrupt"
Jesus Claus: you said "Clinton"
Jesus Claus: I said "I know, in the past, Clinton. Let's talk about now."
HopelessRomantic4U: WHAT YOU SAID WAS NOT AS SIMPLE AS THAT lol MOST PEOPLE HERE CAN CONTEST YOU NEVER SAY SOMTHING THAT PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Jesus Claus: so, you'd do better in these debates if i used simpler words for you?
HopelessRomantic4U: NO YOU SAID CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT AND YOU ARE SPEAKING OF CONGRES I REMBER CAUSE I SET YOU UP FOR THAT
HopelessRomantic4U: AND YOU SAID ALL OF CLINTON WAS WITCH HUNTING NE WAY....
HopelessRomantic4U: COMON DUDE YOU CANT REMBER FROM 3 HOURS OR LESS AGO?
Jesus Claus: actually, I said that most of the people you were referencing for Clinton were not in Congress
Jesus Claus: which is accurate
Jesus Claus: we were talking about Congressional corruption
Jesus Claus: you bringing up crimes related to Clinton was actually immediately off topic
HopelessRomantic4U: OK CLOSE ENUFF LOL THEN I SHOWED YOU THE CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRAT RECORD
HopelessRomantic4U: AND YOU WENT INTO A BAY WHINE ABOUT THAT ALL ANCIENT HISTORY
Jesus Claus: But Clintonian arguments are usually safe harbor for conservatives
HopelessRomantic4U: TILL I BROUGHT UP SOME OF EM RECENTLY
HopelessRomantic4U: DUDE YOU WERE EMBARRASED I CANT BELIEV YOU WANT TO RELIVE THIS CONVERSATION
Jesus Claus: we were talking about the lobbying scandals
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU WERE OUT MANUVERED
Jesus Claus: Tom DeLay, Jack Abramoff
HopelessRomantic4U: WHCIH IS EASY CAUSE YOU HAVENT CHANGED YOUR RHETYORIC IN 2 YEARS
Jesus Claus: why would you think items unrelated to the scandal are relevant?
Jesus Claus: why would you imagine that you could win by immediately moving off topic?
Jesus Claus: and why would you think that a classic and blatant TU QUOQUE argument would be successful?
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CHANGED TOPIC REPEADIATLY
HopelessRomantic4U: I NEVER SAID YOU TOO
Jesus Claus: The topic was the congressional lobbying scandals
HopelessRomantic4U: I DIRECTLY REFUTED YOUR CLAIM
Jesus Claus: of COURSE you said YOU TOO
Jesus Claus: that's EXACTLY what you said
Jesus Claus: I said "The GOP is corrupt re:lobbying"
HopelessRomantic4U: JESUS I KNOW YOU SPENT THE LAST HOUR TRYING TO RELIVE THIS CONVERSATION.. TRYING TO REINVENT IT... BUT DUDE GIVE IT UP
Jesus Claus: you said "YOur side is corrupt too"
HopelessRomantic4U: UMM NO YOU DIDNT
Jesus Claus: YOU TOO
Jesus Claus: it's the classic TU QUOQUE
HopelessRomantic4U: LOL YOU JUST CHJANGED WHAT YOU SAID YOU SAID 2 MINS AGO
Jesus Claus: I said "X"
Jesus Claus: you said "your side X too"
Jesus Claus: TU QUOQUE
Jesus Claus: it's a fallacy
HopelessRomantic4U: (1:50 PM) Jesus Claus: I said "The current GOP is corrupt"
Jesus Claus: to defeat "X"
Jesus Claus: you need to argue "Not X"
HopelessRomantic4U: NO JESUS NO
Jesus Claus: not "Your side X too"
Jesus Claus: I say X
Jesus Claus: what did you say?
HopelessRomantic4U: YOU SAID X IS RESPONOSIBLE FOR CREATING CUROPTION
Jesus Claus: did you say Not X?
HopelessRomantic4U: HOW WOULD YOU REFUTE THAT CLAIM?
Jesus Claus: i didn't talk about creating anything
Jesus Claus: i said X
HopelessRomantic4U: BY SHOWING ANOTHER ENTITY PREVIOUSLY SUFFERING FROM IT
Jesus Claus: you didn't say Not X
Jesus Claus: you said "X over there"
Jesus Claus: and "X over yonder"
Jesus Claus: how does that refute X?
HopelessRomantic4U: NO I SAID A B C D E F G H THERE FORE NOT X
HopelessRomantic4U: THATS AN ARGUMENT NOTY X IS A STATEMENT
Jesus Claus: ok, so X = the GOP is corrupt
Jesus Claus: re: lobbying
HopelessRomantic4U: IN OTHER WORDS I USED PREMISES TO BACK UP MY CONCLUSION
HopelessRomantic4U: SOMTHING YOU CANT DO
Jesus Claus: so you're now saying that your agrument led to the conclusion "The GOP is NOT corrupt re:lobbying"?
HopelessRomantic4U: NO YOU SAID THE REPUBLICANS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CREATION OF TEH CORRUTION IN CONGRESS = X
Jesus Claus: you are claiming that you proved the GOP is NOT corrupt re:lobbying"?
Jesus Claus: no, that is untrue
Jesus Claus: X = the GOP is corrupt re:lobbying
Jesus Claus: and your response was "Look over there!"
HopelessRomantic4U: SEE JESUS AS I SAID AT AN EARLIER DATE YOU HAVE NO CONCEPTION OF LOGIC
Jesus Claus: I just proved you wrong USING logic!
HopelessRomantic4U: NO MY RESPONSE WAS NOT LOOK OVER THERE
Jesus Claus: even as pure logic, your argumeent fails
Jesus Claus: I mean, get serious, guy!
HopelessRomantic4U: NO YOU SAID THE REPUBLICANS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CREATION OF TEH CORRUTION IN CONGRESS = X
HopelessRomantic4U: HOW WOULD YOU REFUTE THAT ?
Jesus Claus: WHO THE FUCK WOULD CLAIM THAT THE GOP INVENTED CORRUPTION?
Jesus Claus: I CLAIMED THE GOP INVENTED CORRUPTION?!?!?!?
Jesus Claus: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HopelessRomantic4U: I DERVIDED THAT SHORT PARAPHJRASED RESPONSE FROM YOUR HOUR LONG DIATRIBE MINUTES AT A TIME
Jesus Claus: ok, that's beyond funny
HopelessRomantic4U: UMKM YES YOU WERE CLAIMING THAT......
Jesus Claus: you think I claimed the GOP invented congressional corruption?
Jesus Claus: hahahahahahahahahahahhahah
HopelessRomantic4U: I KNOW ITS FUNNY
HopelessRomantic4U: WHICH IS WHY IT WAS EASY TO DISPUTE
Jesus Claus: yeah, that you'd think that
Jesus Claus: hahahahahahahahahahha
Jesus Claus: oh man, that is priceless

Hell, I wish the debates were all this easy. This was a new tactic to me, as well. HopelessRomantic4U seems to think that I have no memory of congressional scandals before 2001. And, if we're going to be allowed to bring in any prior scandal to defend our positions, then my choice will be the Swartwout-Hoyt scandal, but only because it's fun to say.

JC

0 comments:

Pageviews