Pages

Search Ratttler

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

MESSAGE FROM MYSTIC

From our comments:

I feel so grateful that there are so many true, caring people left in this world. I will admit after the death of my son I truly did not think many good people were left. Yes I am Mystic and I want to thank everyone for their support. It's hard to explain the pain one feels when they lose a child, no matter the reason. I rememember watching the news each and everyday while my little boy was there in Iraq. I dreaded checking my email, I cringed whenever I saw Marines in my neighborhood. Everyday I worried this will be the day I lose my son.

Well time drew near for my son to come home and I was getting prepared for his welcome home. My youngest daughter was excited her big brother was going to be home just a few days after her 5th birthday, she refused to have her birthday till her brother was home to celebrate it with her. Well a month before my son was to come home he was told his duty was being entented. (My daughter never did celebrate her 5th birthday. She didn't want to) Well what could I do, how could I get my boy home. Trust me I had many thoughts and wishes to bring him home, but none could be a reality. Well imagine how I felt when I got the call that my son was coming home (that is what was said first) then I was informed that my son, my baby, my first-born and only son was injuried.

He was transported to Germany to a very good and kind staff that did all they could. It took me 3 weeks to save the money for a plane ticket to Germany, three whole long hellish weeks. All I kept getting from the hospital is that he was still in the same condition not worst not better. Well I get to Germany, I had to leave my two daughter back home (one is 18 the other is now 6) I needed to be with my son. I see this man that although he looked a bit as my son something was missing, his spirit was gone. I am one of the lucky ones for I got to talk to my son and hold him, I got to say goodbye and hold his hand as the last breath passed his lips.

My son died and people that have not one friend or family in Iraq dare tell me I am a fool. Dare tell me I'm a traitor for I say the war is wrong. I say that the "war" was based on lies. I get called names , but those that are too blind, ashamed, or just too plain uneducated to know better, call me a traitor. To me a traitor is one that follows blindly, that agrees with whatever they are told and cannot bother to educate themselves, they are the traitors in my eyes. The ones that can sling hurtful remarks to parents, wives, husbands, fathers, and mothers that have lost their loved ones are beyond despicable. For one to closes their eyes and follow without thought, without care are the ones that are allowing our troops to die. It's wrong! The "war" was based on lies, ok let's say it was "bad intel" well now we know it was bad intel why don't we get out. The Iraqi don't wants us there, most Americans don't want us there, why can't we leave? US is the World Power, we are to set examples. Why is the US becoming the world bullies, and more important how can anyone be proud of that?

PLease I implore you all to take some time and educate yourselves on this "war".
Thank you all
Mystic Sea Maiden

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I extend my heartfelt sympathies for the loss of your brave son. If not for men like your son, our country would not be what it is today. However, to think that we could just pull up and leave Iraq would be a slap in the face to the job your son so bravely did there. We need to complete the mission and make your son's death stand for something; make his time there mean something rather than just a mistake. We cannot leave it undone. It has nothing to do with intel, or what politician is right or wrong, or who you like or dislike. When Iraq is ready to hold their own against the terrorists, we can leave. When the people of Iraq get justice against a madman dictator, whom your son and other brave soldiers worked so tirelessly to take down; when we finish the job we went there to do, THEN and only then, will your son's death and the other deaths there have value. Your son obviously believed in freedom to have volunteered for the military in the first place. Be proud of your son, be proud of the job your son did, instead of being ashamed. Let us establish freedom in Iraq, in honor of your son.

Anonymous said...

. . . dear 'anonymous',

. . . are you writing from Iraq? if you want to 'finsih' the job, sign up please, otherwise,

shut the hell up.

Anonymous said...

Dear Annoyed,

Are YOU writing from Iraq? In our country, people have the freedom to express their ideas and opinions. Otherwise, shut the hell up! ha!

Anonymous said...

anon,

. . .you write '. .. We need to complete the mission.'



sign up and go to iraq, or shut up.

Anonymous said...

{{~Mystic~}}

GBU and your son. Just remember that justice does untimately come. Someday soon you will be able to remember the good times and laugh without your heart hurting so very badly; and know that there are so many people that know the truth about the many lies that took our young men and women to Iraq and stole their yong lives from us all. Hold your head high knowing that you are trying tospread the truth, and prevent other young kids for dying over greed and power, hold your head high knowing that your son will never be in pain agin, and that someday his true killers will recieve their justice. My love and prayers are with you and your girls always.

Pageviews