Pages

Search Ratttler

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MisQuoting Sen Obama's Books not right!!

Greetings All!! Tigger here your political blogger for the rattler!! Ill be posting everyonce in a while on the political happenings. Here we go with my first post!!!!!!!


As I hang out on paltalk one of the things I have noticed lately is that people have started to misquote passages from both of Sen Obama's books. I think it is a pathetic attempt to discredit him. The following information comes from Sen Obama's own campain website at http://factcheck.barackobama.com/



Smear Email ''Quoting'' Obama's Books
May 30, 2008
A recent email forward allegedly quotes passages from Senator Obama's books related to race and religion. The majority of these are alterations, deliberate manipulations, and in one case, an outright fabrication, of Obama's words.


EMAIL From Dreams of My Father: 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race.'
FULL QUOTE Nothing close to this quote appears in Dreams from My Father

EMAIL From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
FULL QUOTE "He offered to start me off at ten thousand dollars the first year, with a two-thousand-dollar travel allowance to buy a car; the salary would go up if things worked out. After he was gone, I took the long way home, along the East River promenade, and tried to figure out what to make of the man. He was smart, I decided. He seemed committed to his work. Still, there was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white--he'd said himself that that was a problem." [Page 142]


EMAIL From Dream s of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'
FULL QUOTE "All my life, I had carried a single image of my father, one that I had sometimes rebelled against but had never questioned, one that I had later tried to take as my own. The brilliant scholar, the generous friend, the upstanding leader--my father had been all those things. All those things and more, because except for that one brief visit in Hawaii, he had never been present to foil the image, because I hadn't seen what perhaps most men see at some point in their lives: their father's body shrinking, their father's best hopes dashed, their father's face lined with grief and regret.Yes, I'd seen weakness in other men--Gramps and his disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela. And if later I saw that the black men I knew--Frank or Ray or Will or Rafiq--fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them as my own--my father's voice had nevertheless remained untainted, inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval. You do not work hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people's struggle. Wake up, black man!Now, as I sat in the glow of a single light bulb, rocking slightly on a hard-backed chair, that image had suddenly vanished. Replaced by...what? A bitter drunk? An abusive husband? A defeated, lonely bureaucrat? To think that all my life I had been wrestling with nothing more than a ghost!" [Page 220]


EMAIL From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
FULL QUOTE "Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261]


If you are going to quote Sen Obama's Books or speeches, Quote him correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out for truth Justice and the Obama way!!!

Tigger

8 comments:

MysticSeaMaiden said...

HI Tigger, first I wanted to welcome you to the Rattler Second I wanted to say thank goodness a posting that makes some sense.

I love the info that you are putting out there for everyone to research and understand.

And you couldn't have picked a better time to post, right after DP post or video I should say trying to discredit Obama.

Once again welcome aboard and hope to see many of your postings

((^;~))

Anonymous said...

That's a great blog post. It really clarifies a lot of statements used out of context.

-X

Kenonwes said...

sunggle thanks for sharing

tommyjohnson44 said...

Well Snuggle maybe they are getting Obama back for constantly misquoting McCain. Obama keeps lying and trying to fool stupid people by saying McCain wants to be in Iraq 100 years. Anyone with half a brain knows thats a lie and has by now heard the entire McCain quote about that. Obama lies and lot trying to fool to stupid but I will address that later

zoemushi said...

Thank you Snuggle for being professional and debating the right way. Hugs.

Snuggle_Bunny_2 said...

Tommy,

I would love for you to show me that Sen Obama mis quoted Sen McCain. This has nothing to do with that. It has to do with making Sen Obama look bad using his own words. I have seen it attempted in Voo's room many times. Nice try to justify it and please keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Snuggles you did very good with this. You might convert me to Obama in the long run!

tommyjohnson44 said...

He misquotes McCain everytime he says McCain wants to be in Iraq 100
years. Ive heard Obama say it dozens of times. He knows its a lie everytime he says it. What do you expect Obama is a liberal of course he lies

Pageviews