Pages

Search Ratttler

Monday, July 10, 2006

THE TROUBLE WITH KENNY AND GINNY

Well folks I've finally arrived and the blogosphere will never be the same. I see where my friend Zombiemaster slammed me, and some neo-cons I've spent the last two years fighting on PalTalk pretty good in his recent post. I can see why he'd go after them. But, why me?
I guess it's because I won't cave into the "Democrats are all wrong, let's form a new Hessian Party (this week)"mentality that seems to permeate throughout libs on P.T.
By the way Kenny, I'm not the disease I'm the cure.
All I'm asking of anyone associated with Liberalism or The Democratic Party in this country are three simple questions;
(1) Does divvy-ing up the base of Liberal Democratic voters between a true Democratic Party Candidate, and a so called "Independent" increase or decrease the likelihood that Republicans will maintain power? (We pretty much KNOW the answer to that one. The presence of so called "independent liberal" candidates in national elections splits up the base of Democratic voters, which usually spells Republican victory. We've seen it time and again. But, I guess it's like the little kid who kept slamming his head against the wall, and when he was asked why he was doing it, he replied; "because it feels so good when I stop." There isn't any logical explanation as to why it's necessary, and Republicans will probably maintain power until this practice stops.)
(2) Why do so called "Independent" Candidates take money from conservative sources such as the Swift Boat Veterans or even the RNC itself? (Once again, the answer is obvious. Because they wouldn't survive without doing so.)
And finally, (3) why is it that those who claim to be progressive independents blatantly lie about the record of The Democratic Party in this congress? Democrats have been blamed for everything the Republicans are doing, (and taking credit for I might add). But, nobody seems to notice that they stifled the Bush admins' desires to post extremeist whackos on the high courts in this country for 5 years, and that they pretty much stopped the privitization of Social Security dead cold in its' tracks.
They also asked numerous times for investigations into the intelligence failures in Iraq as well as a number of other pecadellos Bush and company have engaged in. Such as allowing $250.00 an hour prostitutes access to the West Wing, and ignoring all the warning signs that were in place before 911. (Up to and including information thatBush's own CIA people gave to him 35 days in advance of the event.)
You see folks, the trouble with Kenny is that he (and a number of his friends on paltalk) don't understand that the minority party doesn't get to set the political agenda in congress. He (and those who agree with him) want(s) the Democrats to have their way with congress and with Republicans, and that just isn't going to happen until they are the majority party.
Like I said, I'm not the problem, I'm the solution because I call for Democratic unity. When The Dems in congress get the kind of support from folks like Kenny, that the Republicans get from their own crowd, then Kenny will get the kind of results he wants from the Democratic Party. Until then your just spinnin' yer' wheels my friend.
.........Anyway, I logged on to"Pal" late one evening last week and here's Virginia_1776 telling everyone in the room that the Russians stole everything they know about space technology and rocket design from the Americans. Truthfully, this could be true for all I know. There was a fair amount of cold war espionage that went on in both The Soviet Union and The U.S. during the 60's and 70's.
However, when I challenged her for some hard evidence of this she said that Apollo 1 was proof of Russian espionage because it lifted off on January 27, 1967 far in advance of the Soviet Unions' Soyuz missions. She then asked me if I could tell her who was on board of Apollo 1 and what the significant characteristics of the mission were.
She then proceeded to "sing" the Jeapardy theme song over the mic in sarcastic fashion.
Ya' see, the trouble with "Ginny" is that she doesn't know the space program during the mid to late 60's is something that was / is near and dear to my heart. When I was a kid I knew all the astronauts by name, and I could tell you which missions they flew. What "Ginny" didn't know was that her "facts" were as off key as her singing because Apollo 1 never flew. It burned up on the launch pad after an explosion during a "plugs out" test, and the three astronauts inside were killed almost instantly. There was no manned Apollo mission after that accident until Apollo 7 was launched in October of 1968..............and as Casey Stengel himself once said; "You can look it up!"
But at least she got the date right. The Apollo 1 fire took place on Friday, January 27, 1967.
Ciao' for Now Fellow Bloggers
The Saint

0 comments:

Pageviews